Ever since I was a little girl, I'm a self-proclaimed hopeless romantic. All fairytales and happy endings. Paris was exactly the place that embodied everything that I ever wanted. I had pictures of the Eiffel Tower hanging in my room and french love quotes doodled all over my diary. Paris was my Number 1 place to visit since the day I knew I could go places. Honestly, I did not expect fulfil this dream as early as I did. Nevertheless, after moving into another continent, getting a new job, and living on my own. This is one of the perks that I get to reward myself with :)
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN PARIS:
1. Picnic in front of the Eiffel Tower
2. Find Mona Lisa in Musee du Louvre
3. Go on top of the Arc the Triomphe
4. Visit the Tomb of Napoleon
5. Try some authentic French Macaroons
6. Proclaim your love at the Love Lock Bridge
7. Snapshot with the birds in front of Notre Dame
8. River Seine Tour
9. See the Eiffel Tower lights at night
10. Try the famous Angelina hot chocolate
1. BEWARE OF PICK POCKETS
I don't think beware is a good enough word for this. Be very, very cautious! They try to stay in very crowded places. Always place your bag in front of you. Never bring a huge amount of cash. Use your credit card if you are able to do so.
2. DO YOUR RESEARCH
Don't rely on offers that you get along tourist attractions. People will try to trick you. Be aware of the right prices.
3. BE CAREFUL WITH BOOKING A HOTEL
A lot of hotels in Paris are sketchy. Never rely on pictures you see online. Take time to read reviews from actual people that have stayed in the hotel.
Until next time Paris! Au revior!